Please do not register here. Visit clanscc.net for our main webpage. This site is no longer in use.
This site is shutting down effective immediately. It will no longer be updated. Please visit clanscc.net for our main clan website.

    This or that?

    Share

    Poll

    clanscc.net or clanscc.forumotion.com

    [ 4 ]
    29% [29%] 
    [ 10 ]
    71% [71%] 

    Total Votes: 14
    avatar
    SCC-Caliban
    Admin

    Posts : 132
    Join date : 2009-02-21

    This or that?

    Post by SCC-Caliban on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:00 am

    So, I've been going through the process of shutting this website down due to some recent activity by Duke on the clanscc.net website.

    Due to my lack of knowledge on nearly everything website related, I find myself unable to help in any way. Making simple news posts here merely takes a few minutes and a cute picture/video; that's not the case for clanscc.net. BBcode is also a lot more simple to use than html.

    Do you guys want a website that's extremely functional and can be updated daily by several different people easily and quickly? Or, do you want a website that will be rarely updated, has better scripts, features, is more aesthetically pleasing, and has a ton of history?

    I'd like to know what you guys want before I actually shut this down.


    _________________
    "First 'me/you' are not on the same level. That is a fact. All the games that I've won against you have been rapes. Do I need to make you remember that recent 3-0 and that all those games were total rapings?"
    SCC-Toss, raper of insurgents.

    SCC-Faust

    Posts : 1
    Join date : 2009-03-04

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Faust on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:14 am

    Vote for clanscc.forumotion or I'll murder your families.

    (Peer pressure rules).
    avatar
    Loophole

    Posts : 30
    Join date : 2009-02-26

    Re: This or that?

    Post by Loophole on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:35 pm

    I'm liking the flurry of activity here. The other site is cool, but Duke disappears sometimes. Let's stick to a site we have some control over.
    avatar
    SCC-Toss

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2009-02-25
    Age : 32
    Location : Toronto, Canada

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Toss on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:42 pm

    I like the other site. Perhaps we can control of the site? Maybe he can give the password to cali or something.
    avatar
    SCC-Caliban
    Admin

    Posts : 132
    Join date : 2009-02-21

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Caliban on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:44 pm

    SCC-Toss wrote:I like the other site. Perhaps we can control of the site? Maybe he can give the password to cali or something.

    that's not the problem toss. i have an account with the ability to edit things/post news/ etc but its really hard not knowing HTML to actually do any of that. i dont really have the time to learn it either. the thing i like about this site is its' simplicity.


    _________________
    "First 'me/you' are not on the same level. That is a fact. All the games that I've won against you have been rapes. Do I need to make you remember that recent 3-0 and that all those games were total rapings?"
    SCC-Toss, raper of insurgents.
    avatar
    Salv

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2009-02-26

    Re: This or that?

    Post by Salv on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:59 pm

    This site is better.
    avatar
    SCC-Micronesia

    Posts : 71
    Join date : 2009-02-25

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Micronesia on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:12 pm

    I agree that accessibility is more important but I feel bad about everyone leaving when Duke is actually making an effort. Maybe we can use the clanscc site/forums for a few specific purposes, and do everything else here.
    avatar
    SCC-Caliban
    Admin

    Posts : 132
    Join date : 2009-02-21

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Caliban on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:09 pm

    SCC-Micronesia wrote:I agree that accessibility is more important but I feel bad about everyone leaving when Duke is actually making an effort. Maybe we can use the clanscc site/forums for a few specific purposes, and do everything else here.

    Yea this was the reason I was going to shut this down, because he was actually becoming active and making an effort. However, his site is so hard to use that it made me think twice about my previous intentions.


    _________________
    "First 'me/you' are not on the same level. That is a fact. All the games that I've won against you have been rapes. Do I need to make you remember that recent 3-0 and that all those games were total rapings?"
    SCC-Toss, raper of insurgents.
    avatar
    Salv

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2009-02-26

    Re: This or that?

    Post by Salv on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:01 pm

    We should stay on an inferior site [regardless of it's potential, this one is better atm] because it's inactive 'leader' is now starting to make an effort? I've never even spoken to Duke, so I'm amazed when I see some of you show such loyalty to him, even though he isn't:


    • Done anything memorable AFAIK [I don't consider hosting a website memorable]
    • Active
    • A Starcraft player or even fan AFAIK


    Please enlighten me.
    avatar
    SCC-Micronesia

    Posts : 71
    Join date : 2009-02-25

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Micronesia on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:12 pm

    If nothing else he's provided hosting for us for a decade and it's kinda rude not to acknowledge that...
    avatar
    Salv

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2009-02-26

    Re: This or that?

    Post by Salv on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:24 pm

    It's acknowledged, but I don't think that we should return to an inferior site because of it.

    SCC-Complexity

    Posts : 22
    Join date : 2009-03-05

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Complexity on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:59 am

    looks better this one :O

    SCC-Air

    Posts : 11
    Join date : 2009-02-24

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Air on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:38 am

    I think we should stay

    SCC-Duke

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2009-03-01

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Duke on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:18 pm

    Salv wrote:We should stay on an inferior site [regardless of it's potential, this one is better atm] because it's inactive 'leader' is now starting to make an effort? I've never even spoken to Duke, so I'm amazed when I see some of you show such loyalty to him, even though he isn't:


    • Done anything memorable AFAIK [I don't consider hosting a website memorable]
    • Active
    • A Starcraft player or even fan AFAIK


    Please enlighten me.

    First off, I figured to chime in here. I've spent 10 long years, considering SCC's anniversity is August of this year to bring it where it is. You don't know much of SCC's history to even begin accusations against me or the clan. So it is especially rude to say this especially in front of all of our memebers like that. First off, let me give you some background history of me. I founded SCC in August of 1999, with 2 other close friends which are friends in real life but do not play any more. They were quickly replaced by many others that came and go. Now, as the years have passed and I've grown up a bit being that I started the clan when I was 12, I'm finishing a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering and holding close to a full-time job at this time. I've been working the past 3 years when I started college. Now before you ever say I'm not active, I see what goes on in the channel since I always held ops since day 1 of this clan off my PC. Spent countless hours in creating the channel so that way we always have an official clan channel. Because I'm not on Battle.net under my tag, does not mean I am inactive. I play many other games like D2 and WoW. If any member needed any assistance I'm always on AIM, MSN, Yahoo which they could always reach me at anytime.

    Moving on to my next point, just because Caliban and or others do not know how to use HTML, that is not my fault either. HTML is the most basic web language out there and is easy to use. I'm sure many others in the clan know HTML. Seeing from a previous post, posted by Caliban shows ignorance to HTML all together just because BBCODE is better. BBCode is only used by messaging boards, hence BBCODE stands for Bulletin Board Code. By not complying, I would consider this as conspiracy, since there was no prior approval by me for authorization. I had to find out from other members there was another website. As history repeats itself, this reminds me of a previous issue a few years back and the turn out became ugly. And I'll leave it like that.

    Duke
    avatar
    SCC-Toss

    Posts : 68
    Join date : 2009-02-25
    Age : 32
    Location : Toronto, Canada

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Toss on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:44 pm

    I understand the basics of html.
    avatar
    SCC-Caliban
    Admin

    Posts : 132
    Join date : 2009-02-21

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Caliban on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:08 pm

    SCC-Duke wrote:
    Salv wrote:We should stay on an inferior site [regardless of it's potential, this one is better atm] because it's inactive 'leader' is now starting to make an effort? I've never even spoken to Duke, so I'm amazed when I see some of you show such loyalty to him, even though he isn't:


    • Done anything memorable AFAIK [I don't consider hosting a website memorable]
    • Active
    • A Starcraft player or even fan AFAIK


    Please enlighten me.

    First off, I figured to chime in here. I've spent 10 long years, considering SCC's anniversity is August of this year to bring it where it is. You don't know much of SCC's history to even begin accusations against me or the clan. So it is especially rude to say this especially in front of all of our memebers like that. First off, let me give you some background history of me. I founded SCC in August of 1999, with 2 other close friends which are friends in real life but do not play any more. They were quickly replaced by many others that came and go. Now, as the years have passed and I've grown up a bit being that I started the clan when I was 12, I'm finishing a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering and holding close to a full-time job at this time. I've been working the past 3 years when I started college. Now before you ever say I'm not active, I see what goes on in the channel since I always held ops since day 1 of this clan off my PC. Spent countless hours in creating the channel so that way we always have an official clan channel. Because I'm not on Battle.net under my tag, does not mean I am inactive. I play many other games like D2 and WoW. If any member needed any assistance I'm always on AIM, MSN, Yahoo which they could always reach me at anytime.

    Moving on to my next point, just because Caliban and or others do not know how to use HTML, that is not my fault either. HTML is the most basic web language out there and is easy to use. I'm sure many others in the clan know HTML. Seeing from a previous post, posted by Caliban shows ignorance to HTML all together just because BBCODE is better. BBCode is only used by messaging boards, hence BBCODE stands for Bulletin Board Code. By not complying, I would consider this as conspiracy, since there was no prior approval by me for authorization. I had to find out from other members there was another website. As history repeats itself, this reminds me of a previous issue a few years back and the turn out became ugly. And I'll leave it like that.

    Duke


    Duke I actually told you about the website before I told anyone else on aim. The only reason that you even started becoming more active and actually doing stuff with clanscc.net was because I showed you this site. You're right about my ignorance surrounding html...it may be basic to you or a few other but I've never studied it or been around it. Considering this as conspiracy isn't right since I'm just trying to better the clan with a site that we can actually update on a regular basis. I'm not trying to take over anything...by any means.

    I consider myself one of the most active an loyal members in SCC, which is why I told you about the website before anyone else.

    The only reason that I even created this site is because I wanted to better the clan. How long have we sat around waiting for our site to be updated? How long ago were we promised a revamped clan website? Is it that unreasonable that something like this would happen?

    Taken from website suggestions at forums.starcraftconfederacy.com in thread SCC- Website Rebirth v.2 on 08/21/07.

    Caliban wrote:the guy whos going to help us


    I would like to have a website/ forums that were based on the same page. I'd like to be able to go to clanscc.net to check out the latest clan news, look at the members page, check out the forums,etc., and it all be loaded in the same window.

    It would also be nice if forum moderators (me , micronesia, toss) could make updates at clanscc.net as well. It would benefit the clan a lot of we were able to post news, events, polls, and change the clan roster.


    That's really all i can think of right now. Thanks for helping us!


    Last edited by SCC-Caliban on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    "First 'me/you' are not on the same level. That is a fact. All the games that I've won against you have been rapes. Do I need to make you remember that recent 3-0 and that all those games were total rapings?"
    SCC-Toss, raper of insurgents.
    avatar
    Loophole

    Posts : 30
    Join date : 2009-02-26

    Re: This or that?

    Post by Loophole on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:25 pm

    Duke, you should understand that the only reason Cali threw this up was that we needed someplace to converse. I hope you don't take that personally. The other site wasn't working, and it seemed like you weren't around. I don't think opinions expressed in Salv's post are shared my the majority of us. I can tell you why this site is attractive to me, for whatever that's worth. I don't know how much spare time you have but:

    - The calendar seems like a really useful tool for reminding people of clan events. on the old site, such things were just posted in a thread, and it was disorganized. Half as many people would know about the great deal on Cali's mom today.
    - The most active people in the clan have the ability to make changes, like the ICCup standings on the front page. Its nice to be able to change things as new ideas come up.
    - Embedded videos, which I see we can do on the original site now. =D

    There's no mutiny, we're just trying to have some fun. Maybe some of this can be implemented on the original site?
    avatar
    SCC-Micronesia

    Posts : 71
    Join date : 2009-02-25

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Micronesia on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:01 pm

    Loophole wrote:Duke, you should understand that the only reason Cali threw this up was that we needed someplace to converse. I hope you don't take that personally. The other site wasn't working, and it seemed like you weren't around. I don't think opinions expressed in Salv's post are shared my the majority of us. I can tell you why this site is attractive to me, for whatever that's worth. I don't know how much spare time you have
    No let's split into two factions and have a civil war. I'll play the roll of France.
    but:

    - The calendar seems like a really useful tool for reminding people of clan events. on the old site, such things were just posted in a thread, and it was disorganized. Half as many people would know about the great deal on Cali's mom today.
    Actually it is a bad deal. Maybe 99% off would be worth it.

    - The most active people in the clan have the ability to make changes, like the ICCup standings on the front page. Its nice to be able to change things as new ideas come up.
    - Embedded videos, which I see we can do on the original site now. =D

    There's no mutiny, we're just trying to have some fun. Maybe some of this can be implemented on the original site?
    I agree with what Loophole said.

    What we need is for active people to be able to easily update information that is well organized. The clan website hasn't really been viable for use aside from the forums for several years. That can be changed, but in the short term this seemed like the best solution considering the forums were kinda broken.

    Also I agree your contributions to SCC should never be sold short. I think everyone needs to realize that the SCC wouldn't be around today if you weren't still involved (if you think that's not true, you don't know the whole story). Just don't mistakenly assume that this site was created as a reflection of feelings of ill-will towards you.

    SCC-Duke

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2009-03-01

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Duke on Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:03 pm

    Ok, lets start on a positive note and begin a thread on the forums on clanscc on what you would like implemented at least that is a start...
    avatar
    Salv

    Posts : 79
    Join date : 2009-02-26

    Re: This or that?

    Post by Salv on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:14 am

    SCC-Duke wrote:
    Salv wrote:We should stay on an inferior site [regardless of it's potential, this one is better atm] because it's inactive 'leader' is now starting to make an effort? I've never even spoken to Duke, so I'm amazed when I see some of you show such loyalty to him, even though he isn't:


    • Done anything memorable AFAIK [I don't consider hosting a website memorable]
    • Active
    • A Starcraft player or even fan AFAIK


    Please enlighten me.

    First off, I figured to chime in here. I've spent 10 long years, considering SCC's anniversity is August of this year to bring it where it is. You don't know much of SCC's history to even begin accusations against me or the clan. So it is especially rude to say this especially in front of all of our memebers like that. First off, let me give you some background history of me. I founded SCC in August of 1999, with 2 other close friends which are friends in real life but do not play any more. They were quickly replaced by many others that came and go. Now, as the years have passed and I've grown up a bit being that I started the clan when I was 12, I'm finishing a bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering and holding close to a full-time job at this time. I've been working the past 3 years when I started college. Now before you ever say I'm not active, I see what goes on in the channel since I always held ops since day 1 of this clan off my PC. Spent countless hours in creating the channel so that way we always have an official clan channel. Because I'm not on Battle.net under my tag, does not mean I am inactive. I play many other games like D2 and WoW. If any member needed any assistance I'm always on AIM, MSN, Yahoo which they could always reach me at anytime.

    Duke

    How does your history hold any relevance now? I don't even really know you, so I think I am one of the few people who can give a non-biased opinion. Regardless of what you did when you were 12, I have been posting on the other SCC forum for about two years. In those two years [other then three summer months of 2007], I haven't seen SCC form any semblance of an actual team. I'm not accusing you of anything that isn't true. As far as I can tell, you haven't really led this team in the past few years, is anyone willing to dispute that? You have held ops and hosted a forum, which I'm sure everyone appreciates, but it isn't irreplaceable. I supported the change of forum because it looked as if Caliban was stepping up and was going to fill a role that's been empty for a while; which is that of an actual leader.
    avatar
    SCC-Caliban
    Admin

    Posts : 132
    Join date : 2009-02-21

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Caliban on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:14 pm

    I'll just stay out of this conversation for the time being. I think that we should use this site currently until duke can get clanscc.net where it needs to be for us to be able to use it.


    _________________
    "First 'me/you' are not on the same level. That is a fact. All the games that I've won against you have been rapes. Do I need to make you remember that recent 3-0 and that all those games were total rapings?"
    SCC-Toss, raper of insurgents.

    SCC-oto

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2009-02-22

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-oto on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:39 pm

    we can use clan scc we can log in add members forums work fine.. Nothing else needs to be done really a few text changes is all and smoothing things out..

    SCC-oto

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2009-02-22

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-oto on Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:40 pm

    There has even been talking of having the bot update the website so when ever you recruit someone from bot it auto adds them.. although this is not for sure yet...

    SCC-Invalid

    Posts : 39
    Join date : 2009-02-22
    Age : 32
    Location : Saint John New Brunswick Canada

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-Invalid on Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:54 pm

    Yes oto, and that is all it is.. Talk talk talk.

    SCC-oto

    Posts : 49
    Join date : 2009-02-22

    Re: This or that?

    Post by SCC-oto on Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:05 pm

    ... just talk their is a whole new website.. with scripts that duke has been updating..

    Dukes site is far better because every ranking member can update it..

    Besides all calibans links just link to posts...

    this is not a website it is a forum...

    Sponsored content

    Re: This or that?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:16 pm